Friday, July 1, 2011

I was told the State of Alabama will pay for my sons College Education because he has Dyslexia. Is this true

I was told the State of Alabama will pay for my sons College Education because he has Dyslexia. Is this true?
If so is there a web site I can look up the information I need.
Special Education - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I think this is a question that you should ask someone at the Alabama State Department of Education. I have been in public education for 16 years in Alabama and have never heard of this. I am not saying that this isn't true but this is something that you should research, thoroughly; and what better source than the main source (Alabama State Department of Education). Good luck to you.
Answer 2 :
ask the State! go to the Department of Education.
Answer 3 :
I doubt it - it may be that some students who have significant physical disabilites or who qualify for whatever state disability funding there is might get something but I can't imagine that Dyslexia would be in the mix. I did a quick search of the site and see nothing related to colleges at all - so I would guess the best bet would be the school district's Guidance Counselor or to CALL the Department of Ed directly. I've linked their contact information below.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment