Saturday, May 7, 2011

LGBT: Need opinions on Alabama for college

LGBT: Need opinions on Alabama for college...?
I'm a senior in High School and I am looking into a career in the Computer Science field. I was talking with our career center person and she suggested University Of Alabama which was a little random I thought considering she said it was 'well known in the field'. Is that true about UA? It is also surprisingly cheaper than if I stayed in my home state for college, which I like, so I was wondering what is it like in that area for being LGBT and out? I'm the 'straight' gay guy. Please and Thank You =] I know it's not ideal like California for being gay, but I don't know exactly HOW bad it is. My friend in Tennessee doesn't get that much crap about being gay, but he also goes to an Arts school. And she did said University of Alabama, but I'll double check today when I talk to her more. I've looked into UC Berkley, Harvey Mudd, University Of Advancing Technology. UA is near Tuscaloosa.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
You should go to California or New York, Period. Enjoy this fun video!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VWC17ni3yU
Answer 2 :
I thought everyone knew Alabama was not a particularly good place for being gay and out. And I am from the South and have never heard that Bama is good for Comp. Sci. Honestly, outside of schools of general prestige such as Ivy League schools, "public Ivies" like Michigan, Virginia, UCLA, UC Berkeley, etc, MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Duke, etc, it doesn't matter where you attend school for a particular profession.
Answer 3 :
USA surprisingly is a good school. i graduated in 09 and i go to USA. though i'm majoring in art and literature. college is a lot more open than high school. if u do decide to go there email me at daniadr@comcast.net ill help u with the gay circle. i know plenty of lezzies there and there r a few gay guys n our group. UA? is that in northern Alabama? r u sure u werent told University of South Alabama? it is the most popular in the state. well that and Auburn. what do u mean by straight gay guy? well i hoped i helped, there r a** holes everywhere but we got family at USA.
Answer 4 :
Are your grades good enough for Auburn? I would assume that the larger schools would have more LGBT students. And, there would be more chance to find a boyfriend, right? ;] Just try one of the large state schools and you should be fine.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment